Prep: 20 mins – Cook: 40 mins – Total: 60 mins
- 400g baby new potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 2 corn cobs
- 8-12 large prawns , heads and shells on
- 8-12 mussels or large clams (or a mixture)
- 2 medium squids with tentacles, cleaned
- 150g butter
- small bunch parsley , chopped, plus a little to serve
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 lemon , zested then cut into wedges
- 200g ring chorizo , peeled and sliced
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Use a large knifeto hasselback the potatoes; cut incisions in each potato making sure you don’t cut through to the base, and keep the cuts as close together as possible. Toss the potatoes in oil and some seasoning in your largest roasting tin (an oven tray is ideal – line with parchment first if it’s old). Roast for 20 mins.
- Butterfly the prawns by cutting a line down the back of each one, through the shell from the base of the head to the top of the tail. Pull out the black line of intestine from each one. Clean the mussels under cold water, pulling off any hairy or stringy bits. Hasselback the squid in the same way you did the potatoes.
- Cut each corn cob into four pieces – the easiest way to do this is by positioning your knife, covering it with a tea towel and hitting it with a rolling pin. Add the corn to the tray, toss in the oil and return to the oven for 5 mins.
- Mash together the butter, parsley, paprika, garlic and lemon zest. Stuff some of the butter into the back of each prawn and inside the squids. Turn the oven up to 220C/200C fan/gas 6. Add the seafood, lemon wedges and chorizo to the pan and toss everything together. Dot the remaining butter over the top, season well and return to the oven for 10 mins. If any of the prawns haven’t turned pink or any mussels haven’t opened, move them around the pan to the hot spots, then return to the oven for another 2-3 mins. Remove and discard any mussels which haven’t opened. Scatter some parsley over and serve.
This recipe and photos were created by BBCGoodFood.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out for more great ideas!