Prep Time: 10 mins – Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 ounces Wisconsin cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces thinly sliced ham
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the top and bottom of the waffle iron or coat with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add eggs whisking, until they just begin to set; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 3-5 minutes; set aside.
- Working in batches, place bread into the waffle iron. Top with cheese, ham, egg mixture, additional cheese and remaining bread slices. Close gently and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe and photos were created by damndelicious.net. We simply shared it!