Prep: 5 mins – Total: 5 mins
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 bananas, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup fat-free milk
- ¼ cup crushed ice
- ¼ cup honey
- Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Serve immediately.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by MyRecipes.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!
Prep: 10 mins – Total: 10 mins
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 2 medium ripe bananas (previously sliced and frozen)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries (organic when possible // use strawberries/raspberries for a greener smoothie, darker berries for a purple smoothie)
- 2 large handfuls spinach (organic when possible)
- 1 small handful kale (organic when possible // large stems removed)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (DIY or store-bought – will depend on if your berries are frozen)
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsp salted creamy almond or peanut butter(optional)
- Roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- Raw or roasted nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Fresh berries
- Hemp seeds
- Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more almond milk (or water) to thin.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more ripe banana (or maple syrup) for added sweetness, more spinach for a bright green hue, or almond milk for creaminess.
- For the green smoothie, I used strawberries, which let the green color come through more. For the purple bowl, I used darker berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries).
- For more protein, add nut butter! This also offsets / enhances the natural sweetness of the smoothie.
- Divide between 2 serving bowls (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) and top with desired toppings!
- Best when fresh, though leftovers can be kept in jars in the fridge for up to 1-2 days.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by MinimalistBaker.com, we simply shared it! Please check them out as they have so many great ideas!
Prep: 2 mins – Total: 5 minutes
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups spinach* frozen
- 1 medium banana frozen
- 1 cup fruit of choice**
- Optional add ins: protein powder, bee pollen, collagen, etc.
- Put ingredients into the container of a Vitamix blender in the order listed.
- Start blending on low speed and increase to high.
- Blend on high speed for 50-60 seconds until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Tips / Suggestions
Green smoothie liquid suggestions:
- Almond Milk (my personal favorite)
- Coconut Milk
- Any percentage of dairy milk
- Rice Milk
- Oat Milk
- Cashew Milk
- Coconut Water
- Water (not recommended, but can be used)
Smoothie greens suggestions:
- swiss chard
- romain lettuce
- beet greens
- carrot tops
- collard greens
- dandelion greens
Green smoothie fruit suggestions:
This so delicious recipe and photos were created by JoyFoodSunshine.com, we just shared it! Check them out for more awesome ideas!