Total Time: 45 mins
- 5 cups seedless red grapes
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), halved
- 4 whole star anise
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canning salt
- Pack grapes into four hot 1-pint jars to within 1-1/2 in. of the top. Divide jalapenos, ginger, cinnamon, star anise, coriander seeds and mustard seed among jars.
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, vinegar, water, wine and canning salt. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 3 cups, 15-18 minutes.
- Carefully ladle hot liquid over grape mixture, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot liquid. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by TasteOfHome.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out for more great ideas!