Prep: 25 mins – Cook: 35 mins – Total: 60 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ⅔ cup water
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sweet potato purée
- ½ cup cashew cream
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups watercress or spinach
- ¼ cup hazelnuts or pepitas
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Whisk together flour and ¾ teaspoon salt. Add water and 3 tablespoons oil and mix until a dough comes together. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times until smooth and cohesive.
- Divide dough into two equal halves; set aside.
- Combine sweet potato purée, cashew cream, nutritional yeast, 2 teaspoons thyme, garlic, red pepper flakes, nutmeg, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and coat a sheet pan with nonstick spray.
- Roll each piece of dough into a long rectangle, about ⅛-inch thick. Trim dough rectangles to loosely match in size. On one dough rectangle, using a tablespoon measure, spoon sweet potato filling 1-inch apart down rectangle in two rows.
- Brush dough, around the filling, with water then place remaining dough sheet over top of filing-lined dough. Gently press dough down around filling to form individual pockets of filling, cut dough creases to form ravioli squares. Using the tines of a fork, press edges of ravioli squares together to seal.
- Season boiling water with salt, then add 4–5 ravioli to boiling water and cook until ravioli float to top, 3–4 minutes. Using a spider or slotted spoon, transfer ravioli to prepared sheet pan.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil over medium high heat in a sauté pan until shimmering. Add mushrooms and shallots and cook until mushrooms are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Increase heat to high and cook until deep golden brown, 1–2 minutes.
- Off heat, stir in watercress, hazelnuts, lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon thyme. Add ravioli, drizzle with additional olive oil and serve.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by ZestfulKitchen.com, we simply shared it. Please check them out for more great ideas!