Total Time: 25-30 mins
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 c. sweet relish
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced red onion
- 6 thick slices toast or split burger buns
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add yellow onion, bell pepper, and carrot. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add turkey and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 4 to 6 minutes. Add chili powder and cinnamon. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add tomato sauce and relish. Simmer until beginning to thicken, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Toss together cucumbers, red onion, and remaining tablespoon vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt. Let sit, tossing occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes. Spoon meat mixture on top of toast and top with pickles.
This delicious recipe and photos were created by CountryLiving.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!