Prep: 5 mins – Cook: 5 mins – Total: 60 mins
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes (about 14 ounces or 400g)
- 3 cups (720 mL) creamy plant-based milk (something like oat milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, soy milk or macadamia nut milk; use a nut-free or soy-free milk as needed)
- 3 large, ripe frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup (20-24g) raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional, sweeten to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Optional garnishes: melted dark chocolate, vegan chocolate chips, coconut whipped cream or nondairy whipped topping
- To bake the sweet potatoes in the oven, preheat the oven to 400ºF/200ºC. Use a knife to slash several holes through the skin. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 40-60 minutes (depending on size), until completely fork-tender. Allow the potatoes to cool slightly until you can handle them, and then slide the skins off.
- In a high-powered blender, add the plant-based milk, sweet potato flesh, frozen bananas, cacao powder, maple syrup (if using), cinnamon, and ginger. Blend until the bananas and sweet potatoes are completely pureed and you have a thick, smooth, and creamy texture. Taste, and add maple syrup to sweeten, as needed.
- Pour the milkshake into glasses and top as desired. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days.
This delicious vegan chocolate milkshake recipe and photos were created by RainbowPlantLife.com, we simply shared it. Check them out for more great ideas!